Richardson, Texas is a vibrant and diversified business community, strategically located in one of the brightest economic regions in the world – the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Richardson has an estimated population of 120,981 and over 130,000 jobs within 27.4 square miles.
Whether your company seeks the latest technological breakthrough, provides the highest level of financial service, or thrives upon the synergy of a great business and research university, Richardson is where excellence is the expectation.
Advantages of a Richardson location:
- Highest concentration of technology workers in the greater Dallas area –1.9 million total labor force within a 30-minute commute
- Strategically located between major freeways for easy commuter access
- Central time zone and close proximity to DFW Airport and Love Field allows same-day departures and returns for both the east and west coasts. Fly to every city in the continental U.S. within four hours.
- Home to the University of Texas at Dallas – a Carnegie “Tier One” University with more than 30,000 students
- Highly regarded K-12 public education systems with over 90% college-bound graduates
- Four existing DART light rail stations (two more underway) and public bus service
- 30+ million square feet of office, flex and industrial space
- Responsive city government and staff who “operate at the speed of business”
- Extensive housing options from entry level to executive homes, town homes, upscale multi-family and transit-oriented developments
- 800+ acres of parks and recreational facilities, golf courses and over 40 miles of hike and bike trails
- Diverse international community where 1 of every 4 residents were born in another country.
- Arts and music festivals throughout the year, plus first-class entertainment venues
- Over 250 dining options, from traditional American to exotic ethnic cuisines
Click here to view the 2020 Richardson State of the City Address presented on Jan. 29, 2020. To learn more about our community including demographics, education, transportation, government, tax rates, utilities, workforce and major employers, please visit the Richardson Community Data website.